Friday, October 30, 2009

Taking a sip from the journ juice, makes me wonder if...

by John Vries
Taking a sip from the journ juice, makes me wonder if...

As I took a sip from I could clearly taste that it was made up of different ingredients, each one with its own taste and smell. It is easily visible from the different styles of writing that more than one person is contributing to this blog, but like with everything when there is more then one thing one is sometimes compelled to choose the one which you like the most or at least the one that is most appealing to you. I found that this blog catered for more then just the academics, because the bloggers also make use of simple language.
In their introduction they mentioned that joUrn.juiCe is will cover a variety of issues and indeed they covered a lot of issues, but I personally feel that they could have covered more issues or at least write more on the issues because they tackled it in a very vague way. I only found one entry, An exercise in creation, worth the time I spent reading this blog. The style in which it was written was very chilled yet very serious; it was a perfect blend of all the ingredients. However comparing this blog to the number 42 is purple style, wit and composure.
Generally this blog can be rated an okay blog, average, but the fact there are one too many spelling mistakes makes it easy to see that some of these post were just done to get the assignments out of the way and not to really engaged with the blog. It therefore has not added anything on the chosen blog topics or issues to my knowledge nor did it ignite any emotional reaction in me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment