Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stereotyping Stereotypical Stereoptypes is a no no!


Living in a world where stereotypes are as common as seeing clouds in the skye, I cannot seem to understand why certain people can still judge and demean others for who they choose to be. I find the fact that a person cannot be comfortable with themselves in a "free society" disgusting. Those who judge need to be aware of the consequences of what the victim will experience. I believe that people who judge must be perfect and the only perfect being is God-and as far as I know God has never judged another living thing. Victims of stereotyping experience a range of after effects-low self-esteem; new insecurities and a poor sense of self-worth. I for one try my best to avoid judging any other human being and this has led me to live a happier life as I am able to experience an array of fresh cultures, opinions and activities I though I would never be interested in.
By Renier Cronje

No comments:

Post a Comment